Spring / Summer 2015 Men's Style Trend Forecast
Once again, we had another great show at MAGIC in Las Vegas last month! One of our favorite parts of the show that we love to share with you is definitely the projected fashion trend forecasts for the upcoming seasons courtesy of Fashion Snoops. Without further to do, 4 main themes for Spring / Summer 2015 style trends are: Thrift Shop, Artisanal, Streamline, and Avant Pop. We're definitely loving all the color mixes and rich fabrics!
Check out these Spring / Summer '15 Style Inspiration Boards:
The four main themes for this forecast, summarized above.
- Print, Pattern, & Fabric: Influences from a mix of different cultures (Spanish, Mexican, Indian, etc.). Brocade, 3D florals, jacquard, a lot of suede and leather, border prints, folk, artisanal, repeated geometrical patterns, print all over, mixed media, and abstract camo.
- Key Pieces: Bandana shirt, pleated pant, and embroidered tunic
- Details: Embroidery, appliques, lace, and eyelets. Metal accents, beaded fringe-work, and woven leather for accessories.
- Colors: Bright colors paired with warm browns, sand, and other warm neutrals. Rust, navy, and merrigold (green-casted yellow)
- Print, Pattern, & Fabric: Artistic inspiration is the influence here. Bold graphics, abstract pop art, mixing prints, surrealism, Warhol inspired graffiti art, exaggerated shapes, double-knit jersey, tweed, pvc, nylon, jacquard, stretch jersey,
- Key Pieces: Pop art shirt, painted board shorts, patterned overcoat, photo-real sweatshirt.
- Details: Ribbon weaves, painted silk, geometric burnout, shark tooth athletic sole, brush strokes, and bright color scarves.
- Colors: Active brights. Electric blue, shamrock green, sun yellow, and poppy red.
- Print, Pattern, & Fabric: Streamline is all about clean crisp lines using chambray, oxford, cotton boil, nylon, mesh, quilted fabrics, industrial mesh, and tonal patterns.
- Key Pieces: Updated buttoned down shirt, sweatshirt, short sleeve shirt,
- Details: Clean geometric bags, streamline shoes with rubber soles, and stretch neoprene.
- Colors: Clean, neutral colors with barely there powders. Grays, skin tones, custard, lilac, neutral tangerines, chambray blue, sky, navy with black and white
- Print, Pattern, & Fabric: This is a retro reinvention with a focus on comfort. Suede, poplin, vintage denim, dip dye, classic pinstripe, checks, and new argyle.
- Key Pieces: Double breasted suit, stonepipe pants, suede jacket, tailored bomber jacket, and zip-front cardigan.
- Details: Weekend bag, crocodile clutches, and beautifully patterned neck ties.
- Colors: Retro-muted palette. Granite with a little blue cast, chambray, mineral, dry roast, and tangerine.
The overview of color palettes for each theme shown above.
Hope this helped breakdown the fashion trends for the upcoming Sp/Su '15 seasons for you! Use this as an inspirational style guide to create your own unique looks showcasing your personal taste & interpretation of the upcoming trends! Go ahead and style away!